Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Egg Cupcakes & Berry Chocolate Smoothie

I wont bore you with everything, but I did make the egg cupcakes again this morning.  Only instead of the usual vegetables, I changed it up a bit.  I put onions, sun-dried tomatoes & feta cheese in the mix.  The cheese melted throughout and didn't leave a cheese feel at all, so next time perhaps a little clump of feta to be melted on the top.  Experiments, it's what makes making food fun.

The big tryout of the day was the Berry Chocolate smoothie I found in Sarah Fragaso's book, Everyday Paleo.  I can't seem to find the recipe at her site, but I found the book at my Costco and you can see the link to Amazon for the book.

I'd run to Trader Joe's this morning, because I'd run out of Coconut milk and I had to have it for my coffee, that's when I remembered the smoothie recipe I'd seen in her book the night before.  And I caved and purchased a bag of very berry medley and some bananas.  To this I combined, coconut milk, Ghirardelli's cocoa powder, & almond butter.  This was all after I realized we did not have a blender, because it was the attachment to our Bullet, which broke.  So down came the food processor and it did a fairly good job.  There were a lot of seeds left over, but it tasted oh so yummy.

I seared some Chicken and apple sausages from Trader Joe's and our breakfast was complete.  A nice simple brunch feel, I'm satisfied and feel like I can work the day's early morning carbs away on the island tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment