Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Breakfast

MENU

Bacon - Ends & Pieces from Trader Joe's.
Fried Eggs
Vanilla Pancakes - Recipe from The Food Lovers Kitchen
Toppings - Blackberries, Pure Maple Syrup, Sunflower Butter, & Honey




BACON

I really love the ends & pieces from Trader Joe's, it's clunky bits and stringy pieces that give you the best taste in the mornings.  Something that's great about this bacon for Sunday morning breakfasts, is that there is just the right type of bacon for everyone at the table.  I noticed that my grill burns hotter at the front, so when the more done pieces were removed, I slid the pieces in the back to the front and started the second batch in the back.  Little tricks I'm discovering.

FRIED EGGS
Cooked the eggs in the bacon fat, delicious, they didn't even need salt or pepper on them.  Flipping the eggs really worked this time, I waited till the eggs were slippery on the griddle, slid the spatula under them and slowly flipped them over.  Just the right consistency, on the plate they weren't too runny and just hard enough.  Even the daughter who hates eggs ate them this morning.

VANILLA PANCAKES

The link to these delicious pancakes can be found above in the menu.  I've made the cinnamon ones the past couple of weeks, but I wanted a change.  I had originally planned on making coconut bread so I could make some french toast, but I stalled and stalled and the next thing I knew it was 11pm Saturday night and I just said, oh well.  The next morning I discovered that Hayley also had a vanilla pancake recipe and it was very well received.

TOPPINGS

For toppings I found a bag of defrosted blackberries, that were juicy and as delicious on the pancakes as they were on the side.  We have picky eaters with the kids, so I also offered pure maple syrup, sunflower butter (sunflower seeds), & honey.  The choices for toppings are endless and I might explore different options later.

All in all the breakfast feast was well received and the best comment was from daughter #2, who said she was full.  And I got a round of applause from the family after their plates were cleared.  What a great morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment