Monday, July 23, 2012

Pizza

I'm a mess in the kitchen, cutting and stirring and sauteing, however in the end the pizza looks great.  I've got left over meat for tomorrow's planned breakfast and I'm happy with the outcome.  I think next time I'd make the pizza on a pizza stone, so it can be bigger.

I'll say this much, the pizza is a thick crust that's for sure.  And it's grain free.  It is a primal pizza in that there is cheese.  I can't go without my cheese, and there is cheese in the crust.  This is the recipe that Adam found a couple of days ago and you can find it at How to Eat and Live.

I chopped up some bell pepper and mushrooms.  Opened a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, and sauteed some hamburger meat with onions and garlic.  Used mozzarella cheese for the topping as well.  A can of Trader Joe's tomato sauce with oregano, basil, salt and pepper was the base.

I'm letting it cool down now.  Can't wait to feast on this pizza and not feel guilty at all.  Here's hoping to it tasting good.  Oh, I also have to get a salad prepared.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, the possibilities are endless, I want to try spinach & feta cheese.

      Delete
  2. WIth all this cool eating... I'm looking forward to the Progress Pictures of your transformation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I weighed myself yesterday and I apparently have lost about 33 lbs.

      Delete